The Four Main Monk's Requisites:
(Some tonics are allowable for monks in the afternoon as medicine, see “medicinal requisites”)
The Eight Required Items
- Outer robe
- Inner robe
- Thick double robe for winter
- Alms bowl for gathering food
- Razor for shaving (Gilette Mach III, blades may be needed)
- Needle and thread (Burgundy Thread)
- Water strainer for removing beings from drinking water.
Other Useful Requisites:
- Tooth brush, Toothpaste and Floss
- Watch or clock
- Flashlight (Headlamp requires AAA Batteries)
- Bathroom Tissue (Toilet paper)
- Dye for Robes and Cloths
- Rubber hot water bottle (Or Electric) for cold nights or injuries.
- Bus Tickets (Nelson Transit system for alms)
(Medicinal Requisites can be consumed at anytime and kept for seven days)
After seven days, they are relinquished and go to an allocated space for any Saṇgha to use.
They can then be used again when needed.
- Tea (Mainly green tea and black for digestion after meals and afternoons, not drinking much herbal)
- Honey (Allowable Tonic in the afternoon)
- Sugar (Allowable Tonic in the afternoon) (Organic or Raw)
- Ghee (Allowable Tonic in the afternoon)
- Oil (Allowable Tonic in the afternoon)
- Pure Cocoa Powder (Allowable in the afternoon) (100% Cocoa powder, milk not allowable)
- Strained Fruits (Allowable in the afternoon) (Fruit Juice Without Pulp)
- Theracurmin or Activated Turmeric Capsules
- Salt (For Electrolytes)
- Vitamin C (Chewable) (Very useful)
- Probiotics (If need arises)
- Super-Lysine Lip Balm (For Cold Sore)
***Bhante does not use Acetylsalicylic Acid (ASA) type of medication, whether from its natural (Willow tree bark) or it's synthetic derivative (Aspirin), as these also alter mental clarity.
Bhante does not to use to chemically manufactured pharmaceuticals and pain relievers like Advil, Tylenol etc...
Further Possible Medical Support:
(Whenever the need arises)
- Dentist (Haven’t been in almost two years now.)
- General Doctor
Other Possible Dāna:
Pāli Canon Books
(Essential for Dhamma Practice, Study and Teaching)
(See the Book offering sheet)
- Kuti project (Tiny kuti on wheels project on the way) in the Kootenays.
- Travel to India to visit preceptor at Mahabodhi Society Bangaluru next November.
- Perhaps Dhamma Yatra (Pilgrimage) in Northern India to Buddhist Holy sites:
(Lumbini, Bodhgaya, Sarnath, Sāvatthi, Kusinara, Vulture’s peak…)
For any questions regarding Bhante's needs,
Or any other kind of support, please contact:
(International Mahā Kappiya):
+31 6 42 15 22 89
May you all be happy and protected!
3414 Renwick Road
Nelson, BC V1L 6X7